April 16, 2011

Ok, first chew at the Hero System(Grups)

From my first impression it is a more combat version of GRUPS. If you know anything about tabletop rpgs, then you might have heard of the system. You use three six sided dice to determine skill checks and all that jazz, so once you get the mechanics down you can create your very own fluffed out hero depending on the character point limit set by the DM. I have a few concepts in my head for a few powers and such that I need to work out some of the cost of so it does not make my character pass out to cast. Overall, i have seen this all before in GRUPS, it is a solid system and I am happy to have a few more rule books lying around.

4 comments:

  1. Me and my friend used to play tabletop rpgs all the time. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. How steep is the learning curve for these types of games ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, not that hard really. I guess it is what you want to start doing in a game. If you want to write a story or something like that you should have no trouble thinking up a character to act like. All you are expected when combat started is to have read the rules and know what your character can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMAGAWD DAT LIEK DUNJUNZ N DRAGENS LOLOLOLOLWEG;L

    ReplyDelete