April 13, 2011

Me Oh My, what a large book.

So I just got my books I ordered in, and the main one is huge! I did not expect the size when I bought it, expecting it to only be like 250 pages or so if that. What I got was a monster of a book of around near 500 pages. This is just the first volume, the Hero System Sixth Edition set of books. I picked it up to add to my collection of RPG systems I play and I am in the process of learning the rules. When the books came in it perked me right up. I have been feeling very drained mentally from work recently, wanting nothing more than to sleep for a week. But with the new system to learn(have learned? This looks like Grups...) I have just gotten quite the mental boost. Warm fuzzes to everyone.

edit: This first book is Character Creation(500 pages for that, really?)

8 comments:

  1. good luck reading it - please update your blog with how you get on, I suck at reading, I always start but never finish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you taking a role as a DM? I might be fascinated enough to try one of these, if the opportunity presents itself, but I'd prefer to let someone else do all the heavy reading. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memorizing that stuff is a lot more fun than memorizing work crap, though immensely less profitable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat 300 page novels for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any tips for somebody who's never played tabletop, but is interested in d20 modern?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, what is it about? Only heroes of RPG?

    cool blog, +followed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's a lot of pages now... I always fail at reading books, never getting to finish em, good luck to you mate, sounds interesting though!

    following

    ReplyDelete