March 26, 2011

So this DS thing... It can do what now?

As I look over my brand new DS I XL I think to myself, "Where is the port for the Gameboy Advance Cartridges?"

Way back when(by that I mean 6 years ago(Holy Crap, 6 years is a long time for electronics)) I received a first generation DS for a birthday gift and set aside my GBA. I was content to play both types of games on this one nifty device, until my brother broke his DS and stole mine. After that, life got in the way of video games for me and I went on to boot camp. Life moved on for me and now I have grabbed myself a handheld system to help kill time while I wait for books to be released.

I picked up the DS I XL without doing any sort of research into what has been done for the handheld market and just assumed it was a bigger DS, now with camera. I had only heard hearsay of a camera feature for the DS and that some people had figured out how to get the little buggers online. Shows how much I had paid attention. Apparently these guys are all able to connect online as a default feature and they no longer play GBA games. Overall I feel very sad that I will no longer be able to pick up and play a GBA game anymore I like the improved capabilities of the new DS. I picked up two games for it as well, Pokemon Black and an RPG by ATLUS. I know Atlus does good things with RPGs and have been enjoying it so far and Pokemon is well, Pokemon.

As you can see Traveler, I live under a rock concerning things I am passionate about too, not just world news.

No comments:

Post a Comment